STEP INTO 2012 IN STYLE – FASHION TRENDS FOR 2012
The best way to celebrate the New Year is in style! So Miss E is ensuring you step into the New Year in style. Here are the top 10 fashion trends for 2012…
- Wide Leg Pants: A lot of people believe the New Year means out with the old and in with the new but this is not the case for wide leg pants. Wide Leg Pants are a classic piece and look great with vest tops or blouses.
- Tuxedo Jacket: Every woman needs a tuxedo jacket. Tuxedo jackets are great with dresses and can be worn with a tee and jeans. Dress it up or down, Tuxedos smarten up any outfit, try these in poppy red, blue or pink.
- Girly Pastels: This spring think baby blue, baby pink, light yellow and aqua. Picture sorority girls in light coloured cardigans, sweaters, tees and skirts.
- One Shoulder: The one shoulder style returns with full force in tops, dresses and swim suits.
- Afro Comeback: This is really the year of fashion revival. Fashion trends from the 1920s, 1960s and 1970s will be making a comeback and so will the Afro from 1970s. Solange, Tracee Ellis Ross, Sophie Okonedo and Corinne Bailey Rae are big on the Afro movement.
- Fruity Colours: Orange, Tangerine, Candy Pink, Poppy Red, Turquoise and Aqua will be seen all over the high street this year. Wear fruity colours in blocks or pair these with whites and pastels.
- Prints Gone Wild: The 1960s make a comeback in the form of abstract, digital, wild birds and tribal prints.
- Flapper Dresses: Also making its way back from the 1920s are flapper dresses. This chic loose straight dress is not only trendy but easy to wear.
- Doctor’s Bag: This box shaped bowler bags are sure to make an entrance in 2012. These bags are perfect for women, who always need a bit more space.
- Apron Dresses: Dresses with apron ties and bows to tie to the front or back or side, will definitely be hitting the high streets this year.